[LAD] open ALSA device

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu May 22 09:02:43 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 07:13:40AM +0200, Martin Lohberger wrote:

> i already have a ladspa-plugin that process my audio data. this works fine
> without any problems.

> Due to an adaption of the functionality of my system, i want to add a
> function that determines if the system works properly.

What do you mean by 'the system' ? The plugin (but you just said it works
well), the audio system (which parts), ... ??

> This function should
> send an audio signal, that is recorded afterwards. And this should also
> work while no application (aplay, skype etc.) uses alsa.

You seem to think that the plugin can be used only as part of an alsa
device. That is not the case. You can load it any LADSPA host, to test
or measure it (AMS, Ardour, many others).

But it's not clear what you really want...

Ciao,

--
FA