[LAD] Experience driven design and Linux Audio

Joël Krähemann weedlight at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:01:29 UTC 2014

On arb, 2014-10-01 at 12:39 +0100, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Joël Krähemann <weedlight at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Why doesn't Harry learn howto do a dial. I just take a look at his code
> > and it just sucks.
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> The topic isn't the quality of my code: I'm sorry to hear you feel it
> "just sucks". If you wish to discuss the quality of code, please
> contact me directly by email, or start a new thread with an
> appropriate topic.
>
> But please, lets not stray away from the topic at hand: which is
> desining user-interfaces with the objective to improve the experience
> of using a piece of software, and not directly focussing on the
> features that the software provides.
>
> I welcome your input in this mailing-list thread on how we can make
> FLOSS / Linux Audio programs have a better user experience.
> Cheers, -Harry

Excuse me being unpolite I just was thinking about all day. I can say it
sucks because me was at the same point.
Please take this as a chance to learn where the user benefits of
experience.

Scaling is done normally between -1.0 ... 0.0 ... 1.0
Your constants are false.

I can't say if it was cause of selfishness looking at the code but
telling you that you're wrong is cause wanting you to help.

have a nice evening and kind regards
Joël