[LAD] User eXperience in Linux Audio

Thorsten Wilms self at thorstenwilms.com
Thu Apr 23 11:49:49 UTC 2015

On 23.04.2015 11:50, Vytautas Jancauskas wrote:
> Who would think that having to operate a circular knob by moving the
> mouse in a little circle is convenient? It's also a bit harder to
> implement. Is there some argument for it I am not aware of?

Properly done radial knobs do not force you to move the pointer in a
little circle, but allow you to increase the distance. This way, you get
adjustable precision. In my own experience, this can work very well for
parameters that have a huge range (i.e. _many_ steps) and control
something sensitive to the smallest changes.

One issue is the placement of the knob relative to the edges of the
screen and what you do when the pointer (ignoring touch) reaches them.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/