[LAD] cpu spikes

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Mon Jan 25 15:28:17 UTC 2016

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Len Ovens wrote:

> I am sure some will say that if rtirq doesn't help there is a bad driver...

Check the actual priorities that rtirq sets. It seems to me the last time
I checked that if an irq is shared by a, b an c and rtirq is used to
prioritize c to 90 for example, a and b will end up at 86 and 88 or
something like that even though they should be 50. This was some time ago
and may well have changed. In days of old I found even swapping the slots
cards were plugged into made a difference, but I have the same cards
backwards in the i5 I run now with no problem.

note: I use two audio cards, a delta66 and an audiopci. The delta has to
be higher priority than the audiopci (which provides midi only) or I get
xruns.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net