[LAD] Multiple JACK servers connected in one host?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Mon Mar 7 19:49:21 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:37 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman <jeb at ponderworthy.com>
wrote:

> What is happening right now, is I have seven synth+filter chains, all run
> through the single JACK server, all feeding eventually into the one sound
> card.

if the synths are all independent clients and they do not feed other, then
they will automatically be parallelized by JACK2.

if they are not, then there is a bug that should be fixed, rather than
finding complex workarounds.

I have more than ample CPU to run them all, but as you and others have
> explained, one JACK server is reaching its limits to handle them all
> because of the limits of the synchronous nature of everything.  So what I
> intend to do, is to run all of the chains independently, asynchronously, on
> their own JACK servers, and then combine them all into a separate final
> which will connect to the sound card.  T

this isn't going to work the way you want it to.