[LAD] Opening jalv.select window from the command line

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Mar 28 15:27:53 UTC 2016

Am 28.03.2016 um 16:47 schrieb Hermann Meyer:
> I've included now a trap to catch the error, and in case XGrabKey
> failed, the HotKey will simply be disabled.

Great, thanks.

> Which desktop do you run?

Xfce4 (xfwm4)

I'm not sure for what Shift-Escape is used and which program grabs it,
as it just does nothing, but Xfce allows one to define global keyboard
shortcuts to run programs:

http://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-settings/keyboard

> I'm all open for patches, pull requests or what ever, gut, I've never
> interact with DBus,

I'm not really a C++ programmer, but I'll probably try to implemement
sth similar in my jack-select systray app in Python and the DBus binding
I use there is pretty close to the underlying libdbus. When this is
accomplished I could at least give you some tips how to do it in
jalv.select.

Chris