[LAD] qjackctl segfault

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Sat Oct 8 20:55:08 UTC 2016

On 10/08/2016 08:59 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 08, 2016 at 07:04:48PM +0000, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>
>> spot on! confirmed here too on v0.4.3+
>>
>> so, for the time being, do not ever set this Setup / Misc / "Single
>> application instance" option to anything else but true.
>
> The only problem is that I need it to be disabled.
>
> And now you'll probably say that it doesn't make sense to run
> two Jack instances on the same machine. First, that isn't true,
> and second that is not what I'm doing.
> byee

no i won't say anything like that because i know you can run several
jackd server instances on the same machine, provided you name them
differently. then probably it's Paul turn to say that is what is
fundamentally broken in jackd, not quite on qjackctl's fault.

> Simple fact is tht this 'single instance' thing is broken.
> Even doing a ssh -X to another machine and running qjackctl
> there counts as a second instance. In other words it checks
> the wrong thing: the main window instead of the process.

yes it counts as a second instance but the uniqueness is preserved as
the main window is set with a local X server property string which
includes the hostname of the remote X client.

so you'll probably be ok with ssh -X even though the single application
instance is enabled.

hth.
byee
--