[LAD] aBLETON lINK

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Sep 23 15:19:14 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 10:12 AM, Patrick Shirkey <
pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> > Because we've done a fucking piss-poor job of licensing, packaging and
> > promoting technology in ways that make sense to the overwhelming majority
> > of developers and users.
> >

> If this is correct the trick appears to be having strong brand awareness
> and releasing the API on github?

strong brand awareness is hard and often costly. especially in a world as
absurdly competitive as the DAW-related market.

how many competitors does Photoshop have? how many viable, amazing DAWs are
there?

> I don't know how many but if they have gone to the trouble of creating the
> port then all they have to do is package and release it.

Wrong.

> They don't even
> really need to invest in marketing it because we do that for them.

You have to be kidding me.

> The issue is not how to deploy but when to deploy.

Sorry, no.