[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Neil C Smith neilcsmith.net at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 4 12:28:42 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 12:12 PM Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Nothing in the concept of FLOSS promises floss software to actually be
> more high quality or more stable. All it guarantees is that you can
> distribute it and modify. So why would it magically be more stable than
> proprietary?

No, I get you're serious - more amused by how different your experience is
to my own - I'm sure I can crash a Mac by looking at them. ;-)  I'm not
necessarily saying that there aren't problems, but that it's far less
likely in my experience that a FLOSS system that's working solidly one day
will behave differently the next.

But actually there is something in FLOSS that I think does sometimes make
for more stable software, if less featured - there's no money to be made in
fixing bugs.

Mind you, my usual response to anyone asking me why I work with FLOSS is
that I got fed up of paying for software that doesn't work properly - we've
got all our own shit that doesn't work properly, but at least I don't feel
like I've been screwed over. ;-)

Best wishes,

Neil
--