[LAD] Forgive me, for I have sinned, or: toss your Macintosh, as fast and wide as you can.

Thorsten Wilms self at thorstenwilms.com
Tue Dec 5 17:35:45 UTC 2017

On 05.12.2017 17:21, Louigi Verona wrote:

I have to note you have no statistics, either, but of course that
doesn't stop you. It's as if you would ask for a level of sobriety,
factuality and precision that you yourself refuse to offer, while
pretending otherwise.

> I have reacted to the initial post because a person was claiming that
> because *a problem* on a Mac happened - that means that everything which
> is a Mac is now a problem.

For a person of such eloquence, it seems strange that your reading
comprehension would fail you so terribly or that you would suddenly try
your hardest to be the opposite of pedantic.

Jörn's post was an openly emotional reaction to a situation that came
about because of a specific set of features that you get with an Apple
laptop, if you want them, or not. It's a fact that there is a specific
risk because of those features. So if you are that hell-bent on boiling
it down, the statement would be: "There is a specific problem with every
(since a certain generation) Apple laptop".

Anyway, ignoring the mood set with hyperbole like "... for I have
sinned", going all pseudo-analytical instead, is rather tone-deaf.

I for one, consider the case interesting and the way it was brought
forward entertaining. My thanks to Jörn, who doesn't deserve such
persnicketiness!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: