[LAD] What's with Nedko Arnaudov?

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Wed Dec 6 19:57:17 UTC 2017

On December 6, 2017 8:37:53 PM GMT+01:00, Simon van der Veldt <simon.vanderveldt at gmail.com> wrote:
>I sent Nedko a mail about 6 months ago asking similar questions, to
>which
>he kindly replied. The short version of the answer was no real plans
>for
>ladish, but he did want to bring the ladish site back up.
Hmm, that's too bad.

>I didn't ask anything regarding a2jmidid because it's been working
>perfectly for me.
The source tarball download link, that I replaced in the PKGBUILD (see first mail) went missing, as there was no web server running on gna.org anymore.
Now I switched to the git repo mentioned in the same link, but the tarball naming is not based on tags.
a2jmidid still works, but a flaky upstream is just not so nice to deal with as a packager at the dawn of reproducible builds in Arch.

>If you want to know more I'd suggest to try sending him an e-mail :)
I did three weeks ago.

--
https://sleepmap.de