[LAD] What's with Nedko Arnaudov?

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Thu Dec 7 03:42:31 UTC 2017

Am 07.12.2017 um 01:10 schrieb Len Ovens:
> In case you are wondering, installing jackd1 on a debian based machine
> that already has jackd2 and other audio appliactions installed will
> first remove jackd2 as well as all appliactions that depend on it and
> then install jackd1.

How to you come to this conclusion?
Debian provide a package (only documentation) jackd, this depend on
jackd1 | jackd2. Now, when you'll switch between jackd1 and jackd2, or
versa-vi, all you need to do is install the version you wont, the other
one will be removed within this step. Not a single jack aware app will
be removed during this step. All  jack aware packages in debian list
both jackd versions as possible resolver.
I've done the switch often for testing purpose.