[LAD] Linux Support for Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd Generation

Peter list at schmitteckert.com
Wed Jun 21 20:06:42 UTC 2017

Dear Lloyd,

I have  Scarlett 18i20, and it audio works works using Alsa, Jack and pulseaudio provided
I use 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz. Higher rates do not work, also the mixer can not be accessed.
Nevertheless I managed to record using the 8 analog input while monitoring the output.

I'm using kubuntu 16.10, Linux 4.8.0-54-generic .
Sadly I'm not a ALSA expert.

 > I am interested in any pointer to or information about how to configure and use this Scarlett 2nd Generation device.

I actually configured nothing, it just worked (using 44.1 and 48 kHz). Still, it's annoying that the higher sampling rates do not work,
and access to the mixer would also be nice.

Best regards,
Peter

P.S. My private request at Focusrite only resulted in a response, saying hat they are not
supporting Linux.