[LAD] youtube blocks LAC 2017 May 18 AM

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Tue May 23 11:40:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 6:59 AM, Thomas Cipierre <thomas.cipierre at hotmail.fr
> wrote:

> Sure! But let me throw a big hot potato here : Where is it going to be
> actually? ;)

I guess that we'll have a discussion about that on lac-team real soon. :)

Thomas, my congrats to you and Phillippe again, you did an amazing job! I'm
sure that the copyright issues can be sorted out and then there's also the
possibility to upload the videos to lac.linuxaudio.org once they're edited
and transcoded. Take the time you need, I know that you have many other
duties.

To Cedric and all others, I understand that you're eager to get your hands
on the content, but please give the guys a break. LAC is a volunteer
effort, it's a *lot* of work to prepare and conduct, and nobody earns any
money from it because it's all free. The CIEREC at JMU did a truly amazing
job organizing this year's edition, everything was sailing smoothly, and
you don't really notice how much work that is until you've done it
yourself. ;-)

Best,
Albert

--