[LAD] https for linuxaudio.org

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Nov 21 18:18:42 UTC 2017

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:39:49 +0100, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>there is practically no reason to *not* use https:// everywhere

It quasi became a standard, most websites I visit are https nowadays.
We shouldn't overvalue https. I agree that it should be used, if it
shouldn't be too much effort to migrate, but again, upstream should
get used to provide signed checksums.

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 10:27:26 +0100, Louigi Verona wrote:
>Yeah, more security and privacy, because Linux Audio packages are
>constantly attacked by enemies :D

I don't care much about privacy when visiting Linux audio related
websites, but you shouldn't carelessly joke around regarding security.

The Jack website was successfully hacked, IIRC more than once.