[LAD] Polyphonic normal guitar to midi: Jam Origins' MIDI-Guitar

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Jun 26 20:16:51 CEST 2018

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 18:31:12 -0400, Tim wrote:
>Then I stumbled across this product, MIDI-Guitar from Jam Origins.

For quite some time now, the free version is installed on my iPad, but
I never tested it and meanwhile I've got two electric guitars with
Roland GK-3 PUs and a Roland GR-55. Keep in mind that even the best
polyphonic tracking done by software for Apple and Microsoft based
computers, for usage with averaged guitar pickups, at least suffers from
the additional audio device latency.

Before I bought the Roland gear, I watched videos and read reviews.
Roland seems to be the best solution at the moment, even combinations
of a Roland GR-55 with piezo bridge pickups, instead of the Roland GK-3
seems to be less reliable.

However, for several reasons it indeed would be nice, if the polyphonic
tracking software, for usage with averaged guitar pickups would make
progress. OTOH some kind of divided pickup build into modern guitars
has got an advantage, too, since modeling makes a lot of progress. My
new guitar additionally has got a Sustaniac driver. IOW adding special
pickups to guitars is not necessarily a disadvantage. Perhaps
polyphonic tracking software, for usage with averaged guitar pickups,
in combination with special pickups is interesting in the near future.