[LAD] Fixes for Blop and SWH LADSPA plugin RDF files + program to do it

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Thu Nov 1 18:47:09 CET 2018

On 11/01/2018 01:10 AM, Hermann Meyer wrote:

> Am 01.11.18 um 04:00 schrieb Tim:
>> Hi, as I mentioned in LAD today, I think I found some problems
>>  with Blop and SWH LADSPA RDF files.
>>
>> I fixed them automatically with a program, and by hand
>>  for the few odd incomplete enumerations.
>>

> Hi
>
> We've implemented a special case rule in our rdf scanner, (shift the
> index to the correct value) for some known wrong indexes in rdf files,
> and I guess others have that as well.
>
> So, "fixing" those wrong entry's, after so long time, may break existing
> implementations.
>
> As reference, here is our list:
>

> static struct {
>      unsigned long from, to;
> } ranges_1_based[] = {
>      // swh
>      {1181, 1440},
>      {1605, 1605},
>      {1881, 1922},
>      // blop
>      {1641, 1680},
>      {2021, 2038},
> };
>

> regards
>
> hermann

Thanks Hermann, yes the topic is so very old, isn't it?
My email to Steve didn't go through.

Yep, that's sure a Hack-o-Matic fix you had to do, eh?

I managed to work around it by placing my corrected files
  into a folder installed by MusE. Then my rdf scanner
  starts in that folder with priority on any files found there,
  and then on to any system-found files. It ignores any
  further duplicates of files already scanned.
It works pretty good.

The neat thing is that the path is adjustable by the user
  so that other rdf files can be brought in and scanned for
  enums and presets. When they open our generic ui dialogs
  they'll have a chance to look for any presets found in
  the scanned files.

I mean, not that lrdf is going to 'take off' soon or anything -
  the lrdf library doesn't even write rdf-xml yet - but still
  I think it's a valuable thing, all this information available.
More writers should make info available including DSSI
  since it has the very same ladspa descriptor in there.
Quite helpful with plugins that are still useful and used.
Tap Reverb for example with its many enum'd reverb types.

Cheers.
Tim.