[LAD] Potential MIDI headaches?

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sat Jan 19 22:39:59 CET 2019

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 13:26:55 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:
<snip>
>In fact MIDI 2 seems to be a thing mostly for non-kb instruments or computer
>generated material (most of which is probably using CV instead of MIDI anyway).
>
>MIDI 1 was huge, My DX7 supported MIDI before the spec was complete. It is easy
>to show off in the music store and sell. I expect the switch to MIDI 2 will be
>a much longer road, very hard to show off from a keyboard.
>
>Well thats my opinion anyway.
>
>--
>Len Ovens
>www.ovenwerks.net

More details
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDyXDeLbmeE

I watched this earlier. It seems the MMA have indeed done their homework. MIDI
1.0 is definitely not going away. The new system will be fully backward
compatible, and will negotiate for the improvements, falling back to 1.0 if no
response is seen.

--
It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.