[LAD] jackdbus log controls?

Ethan Funk ethan at redmountainradio.com
Sun Nov 24 23:51:04 CET 2019

I am almost a week into testing my jack-audio application with no
crashes of jackd or my application.  Bug abound (in my code), but that
is the point of testing.  Fixing as I go. I am using Ubuntu Studio
control to run jackd... actually jackdbus, which brings me to my
question:

How do I get control over jackdbus logging?  I currently have an
gigantic log file it is creating at ~/.log/jack/jackdbus.log from my
testing.
It's huge because my application make extensive use of jacks inter-
process audio routing as a radio station automation system.  My
application is endlessly forking new audio player processes that
connect back to a core mixer via jack, play when needed, then
disconnect when finished.  So the above log file is crammed full of
jack port connect and disconnect notices.  How do I make it stop?
There is no man page available for jackdbus, and "ps" indicates that it
was simply run as "/usr/bin/jackdbus auto."  With some further poking
around I found that ubuntu-syudio-control is running something called
autojack, which seems to run jackdbus, and autojack does have a man
page, but not much help.

As a side note, the Patchage interconnection GUI does seem to cause
jackd to crash after about two days of running.  I have not troubleshot
that any further, but I do know that without Patchage running, jackd
has been running with my program for 5 days.  There may be something
worth investigating, but I haven't had time.

Thanks,
Ethan...