[LAD] SoundTracker 1.0.1-pre1 released

Yury Alyaev mutab0r at rambler.ru
Fri Feb 21 21:37:01 CET 2020

Hi everybody,

I'm glad to announce the first pre-release of SoundTracker v1.0.1

You can download it here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/soundtracker/files/

I would say, v1.0.1 is a big step ahead from v1.0.0. It contains
numerous improvements everywhere and some important bugfixes, among
which I have fixed the annoying (at least for me) performance issue with
Gtk-2 bitmap graphics. Now SoundTracker is about so fast as old Gtk-1
variant.

Regards,
Yury.

What is new in soundtracker-1.0.1-pre1 (21-Feb-2020):

* Improved mouse usage in the instrument editor (yaliaev)

* Indication of pressed keys in the instrument editor (yaliaev)

* Better look of the scopes (yaliaev)

* Record indicator in the sampling monitor (yaliaev)

* More configurable colors (yaliaev)

* Logarithmic scale of the amplification slider; numeric entry in
addition to
   the slider; ability to determine the optimal amplification (yaliaev)

* Extended editor on the module info page with functions of exchanging and
   copying samples and instruments, mixing samples and tuning a sample using
   another one as a reference (yaliaev)

* Different selection modes in tracker, selection can be extended with SHIFT
   (yaliaev)

* A new method of waveforms' drawing in the sample displays in addition to
   the existing one (yaliaev)

* Automatic file extension adding (optional) (yaliaev)

* More convenient keybindings; new keybindings are added (see README)
   (yaliaev)

* Some more keys are made configurable including that for song / pattern
   playback (yaliaev)

* New playing modes are added: Playing selected block and Playng from
cursor,
   playback looping control (yaliaev)

* Facility for loading somewhat broken modules (yaliaev)

* Stepping volume / FX parameter with mouse wheel (yaliaev)

* Improved export to audio file (yaliaev)

* Volume column can be displayed like in FT2, with letters, mnemonics and
   optional decimal volume representation (yaliaev)

* Jack input driver (yaliaev)

* Improved live recording using PC keyboard: better key pressing / releasing
   times are recorded using FXes (yaliaev)

* Some other small improvements (GUI, usability) (yaliaev)

* Some bugfixes including the CPU overhead with graphics (yaliaev)