[LAD] [LAU] Release: New Session Manager Version 1.3

Kjetil Matheussen k.s.matheussen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 12:26:46 CEST 2020

Filipe Coelho:
> > A other related experience. Feature request for Radium. NSM support in
> > Radium, which is great. Author did implement accidentally server
> > client osc messages. As a consequence he decides to give Radium
> > session manager functionality as well. I think this design approach
> > will harm a reliable and predictable NSM session environment for the
> > user at the end.
>
> Yes, I agree fully.
> Not sure how he confused things so much, but it is not the task of the
> applications to be messing with NSM server-side business..
> Basically, he did not implement NSM properly. :(

Well, we are talking about a sub menu in the file menu called "NSM
Server". This sub menu has the following elements:

* New NSM Session
* Open NSM Session
* Save NSM Session
* Duplicate NSM Session
* Quit NSM Session

The reason for this is to make it possible for the user not having to
switch between two programs. The user can for instance easily assign
keybindings to these options. But it is an entirely optional feature!
If you don't need it, don't use it. It's madness making such a fuss
about this.