[LAD] Is there an LV2 plugin that can add echo like echo added by large cathedrals?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Fri Apr 9 02:24:48 CEST 2021

On 4/6/21 10:00 PM, Yuri wrote:
> I remember listening to the talk of researchers who were traveling to
> different old cathedrals, particularly to Hagia Sophia in Turkey, and
> measuring echo in these cathedrals. Such buildings add a lot of deep and
> very prolonged echo which depends on the building's shape and materials.
> They were quantifying the noise response too.

You could ask CCRMA for the Hagia Sophia IRs.

Alternatively https://www.openair.hosted.york.ac.uk/?page_id=36 has a
few very nice ones.

St. Mary's Abbey has a very long reverb tail, as does the Hamilton
Mausoleum. Also check out the Spokane Woman's Club.

The Lady Chapel of the Ely cathedral is amazing, too:
https://www.jezwells.org/Computer_music_tools.html#Impulse_responses

> Are there LV2 plugins that can add same or similar echo as cathedrals add?

Any convolver will do. Apart from the ones that others have already
mentioned:

https://lsp-plug.in/ has a very efficient and reliable one with plenty
of controls. If you want a simple one with presets-only (incl. the
openairlib) check out: https://x42-plugins.com/x42/x42-zconvolver

Cheers!
robin