[LAD] READ THIS IF YOU CARE ABOUT FREEDOM! Fwd: [LAA] Non DAW release including Non Session Manager (i.e. the real NSM)

J. Liles malnourite at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 02:27:52 CET 2021

The following message was sent to the LAA list, as usual for release
announcements. The anonymous person behind the LAA mail list admin
refuses to comment on his identity. Coincidentally, Filipe Ceolho also
declined to answer my direct inquiry as to whether he has also assumed
control of LAA as he has so many other channels. The same Filipe
Coelho who has taken it upon himself to take control of basically all
the important projects and channels of communication in Linux Audio.
For totally benevolent reasons, I'm sure (well, except for all the
slander, deception, hostile takeovers, etc.) Of course, you will have
noticed that the message never appeared there. That is, of course,
assuming that this one is by some miracle or oversight allowed to pass
the censor.

Even if you don't care about Non, you should care about this, as it
affects your freedom of speech as well as mine. The Free Software
movement that I joined was about Freedom foremost, and software merely
being a mode or expression of that freedom, and I suspect the same is
true of many for many of you.

Read this and judge for yourself whether Filipe and his comrades are
acting in good faith.

For obvious reasons, even if you are able to read this, this may be
the last time you are able to hear from me or anyone like me. For the
time being, I still have access to the Non project website and mailing
list and I encourage anyone interested in future updates to sign up
there.

(If you are reading this message as a cross post on a list where it's
off topic, I apologize and ask that you kindly excuse the
intrusion---necessary under the unfortunate circumstances.)