[LAD] Simple Pipewire test request

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Fri Jul 9 10:52:13 CEST 2021

On Thu, 8 Jul 2021 19:12:29 -0700 Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
> On 7/8/21 11:29 AM, John Murphy wrote:
> > 04 19 * * * root /usr/bin/pw-record /home/john/crontest.wav > /tmp/cronjob.txt 2>&1
> > and see the same error in the text file.
>
> Maybe running as root is actually not enough :-(
>
> I don't know how to fix this but it is likely that this does not
> establish a "session" (or "seat") and then dbus is not running and then
> nothing that depends on it can work. Maybe running the cron job as a
> normal user? I don't know how you can convince the system that you
> really are allowed to do all this...

Identical error with the /etc/crontab entry run by user john.

> < and if selinux is involved, maybe you can look at what is in the logs?
> /var/log/secure, /var/log/messages, and hunt for denials or permission
> problems? >

No selinux thank Dev ('getenforce' returns command not found).

I was running 'tail -f /var/log/syslog' (no /var/log/[messages|secure])
when I saw the CRON and rtkit-daemon messages in my opening post. Would
expect to have seen an entry there for any other problem at the time.

--
Thanks again, John.