[LAD] XUiDesigner -> create LV2 plugs from scratch

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Tue Mar 23 07:52:21 CET 2021

Hi,

On 3/22/21 10:27 PM, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> I've done some work on my XUiDesigner project, and it is now able to
> generate a working LV2 plugin.
>
> Still I would count it in a pre-alpha state, but, hey, it works.
>
> The project settings window allow to setup the specs (like Author name,
> URI, Audio/Midi ports, etc.) for your plugin The saved bundle contain a
> working LV2 plugin with all needed resources (ttl files, converted C
> files from used images, etc.) to build, install and run it. All you need
> to do to finish your plug is, implement your DSP part.

Why do you need to design the UI editor from scratch?

There is a very mature and stable software in this field - QtDesigner:
https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtdesigner-manual.html

And Qt is a leading UI toolkit, currently the best in the industry.

If some audio widgets are missing - it should be easy to add them
through a custom widget library.

But rewriting the whole thing - redesigning interfaces, signals,
callbacks, sizing policies, etc, etc - doesn't seem reasonable.

Yuri