[LAD] SysEx data-conversion woes: nibbles and complements (Microwave 2)

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu May 13 14:23:41 CEST 2021

May 13 2021, Fons Adriaensen has written:
> Will that tool read the sysex data and convert it for some other synth,
> or does it go the other way around ? In the latter case you need one more
> trick: how to convert a given waveform to one that has the required
> symmetry and the same spectrum...
I was thinking of both, in the long term. Hearing this, I might postpone
the to-Microwave part. :) Is there a particular name/method for this
kind of problem? I'd like to try to do my own research, at least until
I'm stumped. :)

Currently I have the functionality to convert between waves in audio and
plaintext representation and harmonics, with optional resampling or
loosing harmonics on the way. I'm working on the Yoshimi output, just
some formatting, and the Microwave, of course. I always wanted to be
able to unlock that.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c

And when you say those words
It's the sweetest thing I've ever heard <3
(Britney Spears)