[LAD] SysEx data-conversion woes: nibbles and complements (Microwave 2)

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Thu May 13 19:48:15 CEST 2021

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 02:23:41PM +0200, Jeanette C. wrote:

> I was thinking of both, in the long term. Hearing this, I might postpone
> the to-Microwave part. :) Is there a particular name/method for this
> kind of problem? I'd like to try to do my own research, at least until
> I'm stumped. :)

There's no particular name for it (AFAIK), but FFT theory will provide
a solution. If you want to think about it, I can give you two hints:

* It's related to the sin() vs. cos() thing mentioned earlier.
* In this particular case there's an extra twist to it - think
  of shifting a cyclic waveform in time by half a sample.

Ciao,

--
FA