[LAD] Programming LV2 plugin from scratch tutorial video series

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Oct 20 00:39:19 CEST 2021

On Tue, 2021-10-19 at 22:51 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 16:58:39 -0400
> David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2021-10-19 at 19:17 +0100, Will Godfrey wrote:
>
> > >  What is even worse, is when there
> > > is a problem of some sort with a plugin, and host reports that
> > > the
> > > (apparent)
> > > url doesn't exist!
> >
> > That's rather strange.  Most hosts don't even do internet access
> > whatsoever, and even if they did, I can't imagine why they'd be
> > trying
> > to fetch these ones.
> >
> > Which host?
>
> I must admit I can't find this now. I haven't checked for a long
> time, so I'll
> be the first to say I might have originally misinterpreted what I
> saw.

Sounds like a bad error message to me.

Anyway, there is ongoing work to improve the tooling situation and
encourage (or better yet, force) their use on the developer side
*before* attempting to load into an arbitrary host.  I think that's the
solution here: guessing and seeing if it works in $ARBITRARY_HOST is
always going to be a really bad time, for many reasons (most of which
are much more confusing than this one).

Tools!  Tools!  Tools!

--
Deve Robbmer