[LAD] zita-a2j and zita-j2a zombie processes

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Fri Sep 24 11:14:57 CEST 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 02:45:34PM -0700, Ethan Funk wrote:

> I am using ubuntustudio-controls (and thus autojack) to manage multi-
> USB audio interface scenarios as I continue to test my radio automation
> software port/upgrade.

Can't answer your original question, as I'm not at all familiar with
autojack.

As an alternive way of implementing this sort of thing, you could
have a look at zita-jacktools. It contains a player (with resampling
if necessary), mixer, equaliser, limiter, and some other tools.

All are a jack client and a Python class, so you can control them
easily from a python program. There would be no nead at all to
start new processes etc. for each track.

Jacktools was originally meant to automate complex audio measurements,
but I see no reason why it couldn't do broadcast automation either.

And if you would need addional modules, just drop me a line...

Ciao,

--
FA