[LAD] Controlling apps via hardware buttons

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Mon Feb 28 13:31:08 CET 2022

> Audio related things I've written include python bindings for the jack dbus interface, a jack application managing tool to start/stop/mute applications via hardware buttons

My 7-key SpiderIsland (USB keyboard interface, not MIDI) just came, and
I'm planning to set it up with XFCE keyboard shortcuts to command
non-mixer to do mutes and volume changes, of audio channels in my BNR (
https://github.com/ponderworthy/the-box-of-no-return-3 ).  That way I
can finally control distortion on and off in headless fashion.  Send
prayers please if possible :-)

J.E.B.