[LAD] pipewire

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:24:53 CET 2022

On Mon, 17 Jan 2022 at 16:03, Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> My problem with that set-up is that it seemed that something like Ardour
> would need to be explicitly run via pw-jack so e.g.
>
> pw-jack ardour

You distro probably also has a package that puts the pipewire
libjack.so in LD_LIBRARY path and then you don't have to type pw-jack
anymore.

> But then setting the samplerate (I have projects at different
> samplerates), wasn't trivial.

switch to fixed sample rate (on the fly):

  pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-rate <samplerate>

switch back to dynamic control

  pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-rate 0

Same for buffersize (quantum) :

  pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-quantum <quantum>

and back to dynamic:

  pw-metadata -n settings 0 clock.force-quantum 0

Wim