[LAD] A History of Audio on Linux somewhere?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Tue Jan 25 09:09:53 CET 2022

People,

I am just a regular user of Linux audio but I am interested in the
history of how software was developed and what problems they were meant
to solve on Linux eg OSS, ALSA, Jack etc and more recently PipeWire.

Is there such a documented history already in existence on the web
somewhere? (ie NOT a HOWTO) - that would be intelligible to non-audio
professionals?

I am interested in learning and understanding more about audio and
perhaps making better use of my system (Fedora 34 + Wayland soon to be
updated to 35).

Thanks,

Phil.
--