[LAD] Pipewire help?

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 15:55:29 CET 2022

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 06:49:51 -0600 Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:

> > So; I can carry on using QjackCtl and its Patchbay, or work via a meterbridge,
> > or?
>
> I have been working on a Pipewire-based revision to my BNR
> (https://lsn.ponderworthy.com) for some time; I have to have a patchbay
> of some sort because that thing has a whole lot of connections :-)
>
> Helvum:
>
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire/helvum

Such beautiful curves! Thank you. I wondered what all the speech-
dispatchers were, until I remembered FireFox is running. Had to add
'--user' to the 'flatpak-builder --install' command:

flatpak-builder --install --user flatpak-build/ build-aux/org.pipewire.Helvum.json

Or:
error: Flatpak system operation ConfigureRemote not allowed for user
Install failed: Child process exited with code 1

> gives the visual very nicely, and then I wrote pw-loadwires,
> pw-savewires, and pw-dewire, to be found here:
>
> https://github.com/ponderworthy/the-box-of-no-return-3
>
> pw-loadwires and pw-savewires will save wire-sets in CSV files.
> pw-dewire is a convenient way to remove all wires at once.  Thus far,
> very reliable, fast, and convenient.

All sounds like exactly what I need and your BNR sounds like a lot of fun.

Thanks again,

--
John.