[LAT] Hello

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Aug 5 11:11:34 EDT 2008

Hi Marcos,

> We are now testing:
>
> linux-image-2.6.26-libre - Linux kernel binary image for version
> 2.6.26-libre
>
> but it's not yet realtime patched.

I'd be interested to know how you get on with that kernel. Perhaps we
can arrive at a shared config or even binaries that all Debian-derived
multimedia distros can use. I know of four based on Debian - Musix, 64
Studio, Ubuntu Studio and Pure:Dyne, but there may be others. Plus there
are the users of regular Debian who need an RT kernel.

Are you doing anything with Debian Lenny yet? Our experience is that
it's not really stable enough to recommend to users, so our main concern
is to solve multimedia package bugs. There is no Ardour in Lenny, for
instance.

> We at Argentina are introducing FOSS Musix GNU+Linux on music schools;
> for now, the experience is great!

I recently wrote an article about using GNU/Linux in a school music
club, and because of that I was asked to help with music-related
information for http://www.schoolforge.net/

Cheers!

Daniel