[LAT] linux-image-2.6.26.1-rt-libre1 and linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1

Mon Aug 11 14:42:48 EDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 20:32 -0700, krgn wrote:
> hm this kernel hard-locked my machine after only a little while of
> using it with some more or less intense audio processing. what are
> other peoples experiences?

I just tested a 2.6.26-rt1 kernel for Planet CCRMA yesterday and it is
not good enough (I think). I did not experience a lockup but I did not
test for long and did not even try audio apps and jack. I was getting
some BUG reports in dmesg even after adding a patch suggested in LKML so
I deemed it not very reliable.

So far the latest I have seen that works very well is one based on
2.6.24.7 + rt17 (+ some patches from the RedHat MRG kernel + patches
from the stock Fedora kernel). That's what I'm currently running.

I also had lockups with 2.6.25.* + rt.

-- Fernando