[LAT] linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1

Marcos Guglielmetti marcospcmusica at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 20:34:37 EDT 2008

El Martes, 19 de Agosto de 2008 06:22, Robin Gareus escribió:
 | Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
 | > El Lunes, 11 de Agosto de 2008 05:32, krgn escribió:
 | >  | hm this kernel hard-locked my machine after only a little
 | >  | while of using it with some more or less intense audio
 | >  | processing. what are other peoples experiences? I know this
 | >  | sounds terrible, but I am glad it does, as it means its not
 | >  | my machine/setup :-)
 | >  |
 | >  | cheers for putting this together though,
 | >  |
 | >  | karsten
 | >
 | > A new one:
 | >
 | > http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-li
 | >bre1_2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1-10.00.Custom_i386.deb
 |
 | Alas, same problems as 2.6.26.1-rt1-libre & here it still fails to
 | load the ata_piix, SATA shows up as /dev/hda since generic ide is
 | initialized before ata_piix, SysRq is also disabled again.

Thanks for reporting: I tested it today on a PC with SATA HDs and it
failed to boot... (it said waiting for root filesystem or something
like that) I dont know if the problem was related to this issue.

This Sidux's kernel booted ok on that PC:

http://www.maledivenhilfe.com/makke/kernel/experimental/linux-image-2.6.25-9.makke-rt7.1-sidux-686_2.6.25-36rt7_i386.deb

 | ----------------8<---------------
 | Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver
 | ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with
 | idebus=xx ide_generic: please use "probe_mask=0x3f" module
 | parameter for probing all legacy ISA IDE ports
 | Probing IDE interface ide0...
 | Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
 | Driver 'sr' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
 | ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: version 2.12
 | ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1f.2[B] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ
 | 16 ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: MAP [ P0 P2 IDE IDE ]
 | PCI: Unable to reserve I/O region #1:8 at 1f0 for device 0000:00:1f.2
 | ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: failed to request/iomap BARs for port 0
 | (errno=-16) ...
 | -------------------------
 | on this debian-PC the '-libre' are the only kernels with this
 | issue.

Ok, reporting to Alexandre, the -libre developer

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-rt-users ;
http://marc.info/?l=linux-rt-users&r=1&b=200808&w=2

 | could be *the one* ;)
 |
 | #robin

Thanks

--
Marcos Guglielmetti - www.mastermagazine.info

"Thus, introduction of free software should be based on the idea that
the country should be developed from within and that people should be
masters of their destiny."

Vedran Vucic
http://gnulinuxcentar.org/index.php