[LAT] linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Aug 19 00:22:05 EDT 2008

Marcos Guglielmetti wrote:
> El Lunes, 11 de Agosto de 2008 05:32, krgn escribió:
>  | hm this kernel hard-locked my machine after only a little while of
>  | using it with some more or less intense audio processing. what are
>  | other peoples experiences? I know this sounds terrible, but I am
>  | glad it does, as it means its not my machine/setup :-)
>  | cheers for putting this together though,
>  | karsten
>
> A new one:
>
> http://linux.ilmainen.net/musix/temp/linux-image-2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1_2.6.26.2-rt1-libre1-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

Alas, same problems as 2.6.26.1-rt1-libre & here it still fails to load
the ata_piix, SATA shows up as /dev/hda since generic ide is initialized
before ata_piix, SysRq is also disabled again.

- ----------------8<---------------
Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
ide_generic: please use "probe_mask=0x3f" module parameter for probing
all legacy ISA IDE ports
Probing IDE interface ide0...
Driver 'sd' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
Driver 'sr' needs updating - please use bus_type methods
ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: version 2.12
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:1f.2[B] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: MAP [ P0 P2 IDE IDE ]
PCI: Unable to reserve I/O region #1:8 at 1f0 for device 0000:00:1f.2
ata_piix 0000:00:1f.2: failed to request/iomap BARs for port 0 (errno=-16)
- -------------------------
on this debian-PC the '-libre' are the only kernels with this issue.
but back to the actual problem:

The recent days have seen lots of fixes pass by on linux-rt-users. I
just read yesterdays: "hrtimers stuck in waitqueue"

quote by Gilles Carry: "Though the test hangs immediately on my ppc64 (8
CPU), it can takes tens of minutes on my x86_64 (8 CPU)..." - he
attached a patch to "fix a bug for high resolution timers initialized by
hrtimer_init_sleeper (nanosleep and futexes) which can get stuck on a
wait queue. They apply onto 2.6.26-rt1"

http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html#linux-rt-users ;
http://marc.info/?l=linux-rt-users&r=1&b=200808&w=2

could be *the one* ;)