[LAT] 2.6 stable

aymeric mansoux aymeric at goto10.org
Fri Aug 22 12:33:28 EDT 2008

Daniel James said :
>> Are there intention for a [regular] /meeting/ (IRC)?
>
> I don't think we need that yet, unless a formal team is organised. I
> could be wrong about that though ;-)

I agree, let's start it slowly and see how it goes.

Concerning the directory structure, we use that for p:d:

http://code.goto10.org/projects/puredyne/browser/live/kernel

a rather simple

kernel version
 `- config
 `- patches

maybe good enough for now?

in terms of who is pushing what to who, I would not mind dropping the
kernel folder we have on our SVN and only work from one type of repos.
So, that means we would push stuff directly to the/a LAT git.

It doesn't make much sense to maintain 2 different type of repos for
that (SVN and git). What do you think Karsten? It's gonna be a pain to
move data from p:d SVN to a LAT git and back everytime we have a new
config commited I think.

If we need non LAT generic config, we can always have distro
specific config files in another LAT git or in a subfolder, etc ...

We might have to experiment for a little while anyway, until we have
some workflow and structure that everyone is happy with :)

a.