[linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Mon Dec 2 12:51:00 EST 2002

On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 03:03:31PM -0500, Silvan wrote:
> Is it just me, or does the available software for this kind of stuff really
> seriously suck?

This is unfortunately what I've found.  And that's not a dig on free
music software - even the professional stuff I've used on Windows has
plenty of sucky things about it.  So I suggest you take a different
tact, like I did.  It won't help you get your holiday music recorded -
this is a "bigger picture" suggestion.

Start a band.  Digital recording with ecasound, audacity, or even sox is
a piece of cake.  Stop using MIDI - if you're not an electronica artist
or a studio professional, it's way more trouble than it's worth.

Since I started using MIDI less and less, I've started making music more
and more.  I've seen it in a number of friends too.  It doesn't seem
like coincidence.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.       It is a Canon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.