[linux-audio-user] Any MIDI apps that don't suck?

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Mon Dec 2 16:33:01 EST 2002

Le Lundi 2 Décembre 2002 18:46, vous avez écrit :

> Since I started using MIDI less and less, I've started making music more
> and more.  I've seen it in a number of friends too.  It doesn't seem
> like coincidence.

It's because without midi you are forced to play, whereas midi invite you to
edit and it relies on the intellectal abitlities where as playing is more
action related.
In fact you can use a midisequencer as a simple recorder and avoid to edit
the notes.

I think that way you have the advantage of the two world, a less conceptual
music (and sometimes just music) and the ability to try different sound after
that.

Linium