[linux-audio-user] Acid for Linux ?

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Tue Dec 10 17:26:01 EST 2002

Tim Mayberry wrote on Wed, 11-Dec-2002:

 > > Mark is correct, the tempo-support just lets you define tempo
 > > and meter changes within a session... you can snap regions based
 > > on this info, however there is *no* direct support for pitch or
 > > time-stretching the audio in ardour.
 >
 > Could make two audiotracks and have the output of one feeding the input of
 > the other, then change the speed of the diskstream while recording to the
 > second audiotrack? or is that what you mean by no direct support.

Well, right.... I suppose doing varispeed on the track
combined with a pitch scaling plugin would sort of do it...
but setting all that up is still a very manual process in ardour.
Not that it has to be :)

 > I would of thought the paintbrush idea wouldn't be that hard to implement in
 > ardour, just make a new MouseMode and have whatever region is highlighted in
 > the region list inserted at the frame corresponding to the point at which the
 > mouse is clicked. But I guess it's more complicated than that. I haven't used
 > acid since version 1.0 or perhaps 2.0 so I'm not entirely sure how it works.

Well, it may be just that easy.  Having a mouse-mode like that
could make the region inserting process a little less painful.
But what else could that mouse mode do......

jlc