[linux-audio-user] not quite so simple.... mandrake 9.0 +devfs help!!

iriXx m at irixx.org
Mon Dec 16 08:21:01 EST 2002

hi all.....

well im afraid its not quite as simple as i thought.... got errors this
morning same as usual when loading the usb-audio modules.
not really sure what would have caused this except that i've
rebooted.... maybe i havent cleaned out the existing alsa stuff from
mandrake enough?....
this is very confusing... last night everything worked fine....
i'll try all the steps i went through last night.... but im quite
puzzled.... again here is my modules.conf.... i might need some help on
this as mandrake 9.0 runs devfs.....

thanx

# ALSA portion
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-usb-audio

# OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0

alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss

# DEVFS STUFF
alias   /dev/sound      sound-slot-0
alias   /dev/audio      /dev/sound
alias   /dev/mixer      /dev/sound
alias   /dev/dsp        /dev/sound
alias   /dev/dspW       /dev/sound
alias   /dev/midi       /dev/sound

--
iriXx
www.iriXx.org

copyleft: creativity, technology and freedom?
info at copyleftmedia.org.uk
www.copyleftmedia.org.uk

  _
( )  ascii ribbon against html email