[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME Hammerfall DSP Cardbus+Multiface

Mark Knecht mknecht at controlnet.com
Thu Dec 19 11:18:01 EST 2002

DS,
   Hi. Being this is Linux, I presume there is no documentation other than
the source code. I suspect you are, like me, not a programmer and thus have
a hard time with understanding how to set this stuff up? I sure do!

   In my case I am using jack, so I can control where the audio goes using
qjackconnect. I have managed to send and receive through many of my 26 I/Os,
but I have not tried all of them yet. If you can use jack (you might not)
then this is pretty easy.

   amixer is a bit of a mystery. Try a couple of things, like

amixer -h
amixer scontrols
amixer controls

I am very unclear how to actually _use_ this tool.

Mark