[linux-audio-user] recording (analog) from live drive

Thu Dec 19 17:49:01 EST 2002

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Sorry for the long delay things got a little busy and
I haven't had a chance to look at the card till now.

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 14:07, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> rob wrote:

> >>arecord -f cd -d mycard file.wav
> >>
> >>In the alsamixer window have you set the capture channel/s with the
> >>space bar?
> >

> > Yes.

I noticed though that if I select either of the line ins on the live
drive for recording it does not dselect the previous device. E.g I can
select the line in on the back of the card for recording and the the
stereo line in on the live drive and the mono line in on the live drive.
As nowhere have seen that the sblive has five channels in I assume that
something isn't working right.

>  Could you set things up so you can record from it then do
> >

> Unfortunately I don't have an sblive drive. I was just trying to find
> out what you had attempted so far.
>
> What commandline are you using for arecord?

arecord -f cd -d sblive test.wav

> Do you have an .asoundrc file or are you specifying the card number eg.
> hw:0,0

have an .asoundrc file just copied it from somewhere don't know what it
dose (was needed for jack). Here it is

#start .asoundrc

pcm.sblive {
   type hw
   card 0
}

ctl.sblive {
   type hw
   card 0
}

#end .asoundrc

> Can you send the output of
>
> 	ls /proc/asound/cardX
>
> where X is the sblivedrive

rob at samantha:~$ ls /proc/asound/card0
ac97#0      fx8010_acode  fx8010_tram_addr  midi0  pcm0c  pcm2c
ac97#0regs  fx8010_code   fx8010_tram_data  midi1  pcm0p  pcm3p
emu10k1     fx8010_gpr    id                midi2  pcm1c  wavetableD1

If you can help could you CC me so I don't miss it. Thanks.