[linux-audio-user] new computer woes

Mark Knecht markknecht at attbi.com
Sat Dec 21 22:40:01 EST 2002

Hi,
   I played with this a bit more today. Thanks a lot for the suggestion,
but this is still not working. This change did not help at all with the
spaces problem. (Assuming I'm doing this correctly, but it seems
straight forward enough...)

   My means of saying it doesn't work is that if I have a song called
"Chillin processed.mp3", and I click on the icon, alsaplayer starts, but
then doesn't play anything. I then look in alsaplayer's playlist, and I
see 'processed.mp3', so it looks like it dropped all of the first part
of the name. This repeats if I have a name with two spaces like "Bills
Chilling processed.mp3". I still just see the processed.mp3 part and
nothing plays. I can rename the mp3 to an arbitrarily long name without
spaces and it works fine.

   As far as falling back if jack is not running, that still does not
work, so that may be an alsaplayer issue. Does Andy watch this list, or
should I report this question elsewhere? As I remember it his email
server blocks most everything that I've tried to send him directly.

   If someone can recommend a tool that supports jack and non-jack
audio, and plays wave, mp3 and CD's, please let me know and I'll try
that also.

   So, still a frustrated normal user.

Cheers,
Mark