[linux-audio-user] The Open Loop Library, a few questions

Taybin Rutkin trutkin at physics.clarku.edu
Sun Dec 22 01:11:00 EST 2002

On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Darren Landrum wrote:

> The fact is, though, is we need a way to nip possible piracy in the
> bud. This seems like a good idea, but maybe MD5 isn't the way to go.
> Are there any other ways we can "profile" a piece of audio?

I believe the RIAA are working on audio identification algorithms.  That
seems like a very theoritical area currently though.

The most practical thing I can think of is to use "lazy evaluation" and
just wait for someone to complain about a piece and then take it down.

Taybin
--
http://www.piratesvsninjas.com