[linux-audio-user] Another New Debian User

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Nov 2 17:39:00 EST 2002

Scott Downie wrote:

> If you would like to answer a small question in lieu of one of the
> larger questions listed above, here's one: What is the best first step
> I--as a Linux neophyte--can take to get Debian (kernel 2.4.16-k7) to
> make friends with my M-Audio 1010 box?

Today you can look at the article just posted to /. instructing you how
to install a deb app using apt. Personally I don't use apt very often,
instead I install as much as I can from source.  But I have been using
Linux for over three years so take that with a grain of salt.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're
kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol
and put_symbol I think we used to have..."
- Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem