[linux-audio-user] FWD: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun Nov 17 18:56:00 EST 2002

> > > This was just sent to LAD. I would test it but I don't have any midi
> > >
> > > instruments these days.
> > >
> > > It installs very easily once you have the correct files.
> >
> > Ah, thanks! I hope to try in the next few days. (I would dive it
> > immediately, but I suddenly have found myself employed and actually
> > have to spend moments away from the computer :-] )
>
> Well, having tried it (to the degree that I understand what's needed),
> it doesn't seem to be working. The install claimed to go well, but pd
> doesn't respond to the Oxygen 8.
>
> I'm running a Planet CCRMA-based setup under RedHat 7.3 (which suggests
> that maybe I should just be patient until a Planet CCRMA package for
> this is ready). I suspect that I should be checking for other things
> that may be factors in this, but I'm not clear as to what. I've been
> following the email thread where others have been trying this, but
> haven't spotted a solution yet. Any clues?

The Planet CCRMA alsa driver is too old, you need one that has built-in
support for the Midiman usb protocol. I tested this with a newer version
of alsa and it works just fine. I'm hoping to get a brand new cvs
version of alsa to the Planet in the next few days...

-- Fernando