[linux-audio-user] FWD: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Please test my MidiSport firmware loader

Joseph Zitt jzitt at metatronpress.com
Sun Nov 17 03:20:01 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 23:47:47 -0800
Joseph Zitt <jzitt at metatronpress.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 2002 05:26:46 +0900
> Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>
> > This was just sent to LAD. I would test it but I don't have any midi
> >
> > instruments these days.
> >
> > It installs very easily once you have the correct files.
>
> Ah, thanks! I hope to try in the next few days. (I would dive it
> immediately, but I suddenly have found myself employed and actually
> have to spend moments away from the computer :-] )

Well, having tried it (to the degree that I understand what's needed),
it doesn't seem to be working. The install claimed to go well, but pd
doesn't respond to the Oxygen 8.

I've tried unplugging and replugging the USB connector from the Oxygen
8, which generates the following in /var/log/messages:

Nov 17 00:01:08 gimel kernel: usb.c: USB disconnect on device 6
Nov 17 00:01:12 gimel kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1/2,
assigned device number 7
Nov 17 00:01:12 gimel kernel: usb.c: USB device 7 (vend/prod
0x763/0x1015) is not claimed by any active driver.
Nov 17 00:01:16 gimel /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
product 763/1015/120

I'm running a Planet CCRMA-based setup under RedHat 7.3 (which suggests
that maybe I should just be patient until a Planet CCRMA package for
this is ready). I suspect that I should be checking for other things
that may be factors in this, but I'm not clear as to what. I've been
following the email thread where others have been trying this, but
haven't spotted a solution yet. Any clues?

--
| josephzitt at josephzitt.com                 http://www.josephzitt.com/ |
| http://www.metatronpress.com/jzitt/   http://www.mp3.com/josephzitt/ |