[linux-audio-user] formatting music

Ross Vandegrift ross at willow.seitz.com
Tue Nov 19 09:14:00 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:36:33PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> i'd like to be able to typeset something like:
>

> |  Dm7      G7     |  Dm7      G7     |  Em7    A7     |  Em7     A7     |
> |                  |                  |                |                 |
> |  %   %    %   %  |  %   %    %   %  |  %   %  %   %  |  %   %   %   %  |
> |                  |                  |                |                 |

> instead of what chord (or guitartex) does:
>

> Dm7       G7     Dm7   G7       Em7         A7     Em7 A7
> Cigarette holder which wigs me, over her shoulder, she digs me

It's campy and hackish, but enter your lyrics as "%" and "|" (or whatever
symbols you want).  Write it like this:

Dm7       G7         Dm7       G7         Em7       A7
%    %    %    %  |  %    %    %    %  |  %    %    %    %  |

et cetera, and so on.

Hopefully someone'll be able to give you a better suggestion though...

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at willow.seitz.com

A Pope has a Water Cannon.                               It is a Water Cannon.
He fires Holy-Water from it.                        It is a Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses it.                                 It is a Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He Blesses the Hell out of it.          It is a Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He has it pierced.                It is a Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
He makes it official.      It is a Cannon Holey Wholly Holy Holy-Water Cannon.
Batman and Robin arrive.                                       He shoots them.